Zucchini is anything but boring when bathed in a kicky vinaigrette, served with a divine lemony ricotta, fresh mint and toasted hazelnuts!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 3 medium zucchini cut in half lengthwise
- 1½ tsp. Maldon salt
- ¼ cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 6 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small bunch mint, leaves picked
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ¾ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. crushed red chilli flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ lemon zested
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- Toasted country-style bread (for serving
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and drizzle Olive oil all over it.
- Place the zucchini cut side down on the griddle, sprinkle with salt and leave to cook for 10 minutes until charred and soft. Turn around and let them cook on the other side for 5 more minutes until you can easily poke a fork through them.
- Cut the zucchini into 3cm long pieces. Put aside
- In a bowl mix together half the olive oil, the vinegar, salt, sugar, garlic, chili flakes and half the mint. Add the zucchini to this mix and leave to marinate for at least 30minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix together the ricotta, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the ricotta mix around the edges of a serving dish and place the zucchini (mint removed) in the middle. Pour the zucchini marinade on top.
- In a dry pan over high heat toast the hazelnuts for 1-2 minutes until they start to turn brown. Pour on top the zucchini.
Use some fresh mint to decorate your dish and serve with some toasted bread.